Thursday, December 6, 2012

Couldn't Bring Myself to Finish List Part 2


This is my second list of books that just didn't grab enough to finish them.  There are too many great books out there to read, so there no sense in reading a book that you don't enjoy.  (Unless it's a book club selection and then you have to finish it!)

Every so often, I don’t finish a book.  A variety of  reasons cause me to flip the book closed.  I surrender the white flag.  The reasons for giving up are very subjective to any individual.  My reasons may include any of the following:


Sad animal story
Boring plot
Predictable ending
Not enough angst = sappy
Too violent
Unbelievable characters
Poor writing
Too much description

So here's another list of unfinished books.  Just saying......



So Brave, Young, and Handsome by Leif Enger

Three Junes by Julia Glass

A Painted House by John Grisham

Descent into Hell by Charles Williams

Zeitoun by Dave Eggers

When I Was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

Autobiography of Mark Twain by Mark Twain

The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine

The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

I just couldn't get through the above books.  If you've read one of them and loved it let me know why.  I'd love to get each of these books another chance, but must have a reason to try again.

So onward to the next exciting book!

Happy Reading,

Susanne

No comments:

Post a Comment